It is well known that our worldwide oil resources are limited and that hybrid and electric technologies are the future of cars, trains, buses, and many other vehicles. The problem has historically been the vast expense of developing this technology, producing these vehicles, upfitting existing vehicles, and installing the extensive infrastructure needed to support hybrid and electric vehicles on a large scale.
These costs have been falling rapidly in the past few years, and large companies, municipalities, governments, and the military are beginning to see financial advantages to using hybrids and plug-in electrics (PEVs) for fleet cars and other applications. As the mainstream adoption of alternatively-fueled vehicles gathers steam, our national infrastructure of charging stations grows, and batteries and motors get cheaper and better, more and more organizations will want easy and cost-effective access to hybrids, EVs, and other alternatively-fueled vehicles.
At GreenTech, we are rapidly expanding our sustainable transportation capabilities and service offerings to stay abreast of these current trends. Our new alternatively-fueled vehicle services include helping to broker fleet leasing for our clients as well as delivering significant experience with the upfitting of conventional vehicles to hybrid or all-electric drivetrains.
Fleet Passenger, Delivery, and Service Vehicles
GreenTech offers full-service, state-of-the-art transportation planning for alternatively-fueled vehicles and alternative transportation modes. Currently, options exist to diversify fleets from gasoline and diesel to alternatives such as natural gas, plug-in electric, and electric-hybrid passenger and light-duty vehicles. Each technology will reduce fleet fuel expenses while also reducing service and maintenance costs. GreenTech has over a decade of planning and fleet-evaluation experience, enabling us to deliver appropriate solutions to match your needs.
You can expect a comprehensive cost-benefit analysis, ROI predictions, and cutting-edge recommendations in important areas that are apparent as well as those that are not apparent, such as signage, refueling and recharging station placement, public and private availability, ADA compliance, greenhouse gas reduction analysis, and more. GreenTech offers a variety of financing and operation options as well as turnkey installation and maintenance services. Contact us today to learn more about how we can custom tailor a sustainable transportation solution for you.
Alternative Modes: Bike, Pedestrian, and Mass Transit
Mass-transit planning by GreenTech evaluates scheduling, last mile, trip origination and destination, points of interest, integrated modes, connectivity within regions, and most of all, budgets. We also recognize that bike and pedestrian planning should be integrated within existing and future transportation improvement plans. GreenTech’s experienced team brings this common-sense approach to reality for our customers based upon their specific needs.
The time to prepare for tomorrow is now. Let GreenTech be your partner in developing a comprehensive plan and implementation strategy.
Hybrid and Electric-Vehicle Conversions
Upfitting existing vehicles to hybrid or all-electric drivetrains is possibly the most environmentally-friendly method for producing an alternatively-fueled vehicle, as this eliminates the need to build an entire new car and keeps an old one out of the scrapyard. At GreenTech, we have extensive experience with such conversions, and we are pleased to deliver our expertise to a wide variety of clients as motor and battery technologies are continually improving.
GreenTech is proud to be at the forefront of an array of cutting-edge technologies, and our goal is to play a role in the mainstream adoption of sustainable technology and practices among commercial and industrial organizations nationwide. We believe hybrids, electric vehicles, and clean transportation are key components to our future nationally and worldwide, so we strive to be involved in the transition as deeply as possible.
Sustainable Transportation Experience and Successes
- Contributor to NC Plug-in Electric Vehicle Readiness Plan for plug-in electric vehicles statewide and regional plans: US DOE
- Fleet conversion to alternative fuels: DOD Fort Bragg
- Biofuel station construction concept, site selection, demand evaluation, project coordination, promotion, Grand Opening: DOD Fort Bragg
- Comprehensive phased transportation electrification plan, coordination with electric service providers, short-range charging station placement plan: DOD Fort Bragg
- Evaluation and consultation of initial fleet conversion to plug-in electric vehicle: DOD Fort Leonard Wood
- ARIBO (driverless vehicles) conceptual development, planning, and coordination: Tank and Automotive Research, Development, and Engineering Center (TARDEC), University of Michigan, Womack Army Medical Center
- Consultation and planning for ARIBO driverless troop carriers and battlefield training supplies: Fort Leonard Wood
- Conceptual design, planning, study, and implementation of installation-wide alternative transportation corridor: DOD Fort Bragg
- Comprehensive internal bike and greenway route planning, coordination with installation transportation improvement plan (TIP), and regional transportation planning authorities’ TIP
- Bike and greenway connections to national, state, and regional bicycle and greenway routes via regional planning authorities: Fort Bragg, FAMPO, CAMPO, Mid Carolina COG, and NCDOT Bike and Pedestrian Division
- Installation shuttle implementation, scheduling, routing, connectivity to regional transportation, and integration with Womack Medical Center’s clinic shuttle: Fort Bragg, City of Fayetteville, Moore County Transportation Services, and Womack Army Medical Center
- Originated integrated TIP/Bike Pedestrian Transit planning now implemented throughout NC’s planning regions
- Developed mini microgrid concept and accompanying white paper to support DOD’s Net Zero Energy Installation initiative utilizing a combined energy management and transportation scheduling plan for plug-in electric vehicles
- Mini micro-grid concept utilizes plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) for energy storage off peak and energy supply for peak demand and emergency power supply. Build out includes linking intermittent renewable energy supplies to PEVs for energy storage